Friday, October 14, 2005

The lost sewing machine


I found a better place for the sewing machine on top of a shelf where it can get used if it wants to and left there when I don't have time. So from now until 2009 :)

I might have a possible use for the sewing machine in the immediate future. I want to start up a cooperative artisan's student society at York where people can sell there arts and crafts for tuition money. I can make tuques and scarves (especially ones with big needles) pretty fast and I could do it say on the bus...since I spend so much time there. If I can find other people at York who make crafts they can participate too. I could sell the stuff on campus twice a week for a few hours while I'm studying or after class. It would be the kind of job I could do because I don't have to stand or do any lifting and can have complete control over hours of work and when I feel like it. It's a thought that will need more investigating...

I met a lady when I went to physio in the hospital who makes a living selling crafts, scarves, fleece blankets etc. She goes to craft shows all over the Golden Horseshoe and even her husband quit his job to come work with her. I thought, I can do that, I can make that no problem...after all, I don't come from a crafty family for nothing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home