Saturday, October 15, 2005

My baby takes its first steps


No no no, no real babies.......

I feel strangely proud of my knee, as if it were detached from my leg and the rest of my body. I pamper it, nuture it, carry it around with me, and I can't help looking down and saying....wow knee you're looking good. I'm still elated by the fact that I can walk and the cursing that characterized September has been replaced with giddiness....I hope I won't get so giddy that I'll trip. I mean by any other standard I'm just a girl walking around with a limp and a cane....but it's like I have a happy little secret under my pants :)~ So as my new knee takes it's first steps into the world I rejoice, not because I can walk around and life is suddenly so much easier, that all fades with a bad day, . . . I swell with pride at what my knee can do, that's its fixed and better after so long, it's on its way to being a full fledged functioning knee someday, whether it's still attached to my body . . .

2 Comments:

At 9:54 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myr do you have email now at home? I hope you do

 
At 7:08 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Myr has a good idea, but we should call it something that starts with the kn, as knute knee, hee, hee. This is a good way to talk to you both.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home