Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Disaster

I thought I'd post some pictures of the flooding that we had in August. This is the hole that is in one of the major streets just South of where we live and it is still under construction or just beginning construction ....oh the joys of living in a low priority neighbourhood....causing major traffic pains everwhere else Grrr!! Anyways, the hole is still in the road, it was caused by a creek overflowing that you can see from our balcony and then trying to fit into the pipes that funnel it under the road. Didn't work as you can see here...

This happened when we were moving from our old playce actually so we came home after a long day and found the cats up as high as they could get and water pooled under the bed and soaking the rugs...that was a fun night let me tell you. Earlier I didn't think it was so bad so I went to the mall to get something to find that the mall was being evacuated cause the parking lot was flooded and the sewage was being backed up...I was also totally soaked in 10 seconds of being outside even though I had an umbrella.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home